AMICO arises from the desire to gather as many Evangelical colleagues across the country as possible, aiming to create a solid network of professionals with two specific goals:
– Being a reference point for doctors, dentists and medical students who wish to live an effective Christian professional life, a very difficult challenge that must reconcile the care of the body according to the principles of Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) and the care of the soul according to evangelical principles.
- Annual National Conference
– To be a support for the Evangelical Churches and Christian Missions and Associations who intend to support medical-health projects:
- “Prenditi cura del tuo cuore”. Affittando un ambulatorio mobile si propone in collaborazione con le chiese locali uno screening cardiovascolare gratuito a favore di soggetti socialmente fragili e con difficile accesso alle cure. Un progetto che ha lo scopo di promuovere la salute del cuore e di condividere il messaggio del Vangelo con i più deboli.
- Guinea-Bissau Mobile Clinics. May 2017 (in collaboration with WEC-Italy, www.wecinternational.org)
- Eben-Ezer Health Center start-up in Hured, Ethiopia. February 2018 (in collaboration with Progetto Briciola ONLUS, www.progettobriciola.org)
- We receive more and more requests from healthcare professionals (nurses, physiotherapists, midwives, pharmacists, psychologists, etc.) who, sharing our values, would like to join us. Some of our projects are also addressed to them, so we accept applications for voluntary collaborations.
"Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” (Matthew 9:38)